Find a Modern Day Butler
If you are searching to hire a butler, Perfect Household Staff is an established and respected butler agency, setting impeccable standards for over a decade, we can guarantee only the highest level of service from the butlers we place.
Hire a Butler with Perfect Household Staff
If you choose to hire a butler with Perfect Household Staff, you will be entitled to a 10% discount for all other domestic staff placements. The families who hire a butler using our Butler Agency are never disappointed.
Our butler agency recognise that every butler search must be tailored to the principals’ requirements. When considering to hire a butler, it is important to notify the butler agency of your requirements, expectations and the duties that the butler will be requested to take on.
Firstly, a private family or individual must consider the daily duties that a butler will be requested to carry out. As a senior position in every household, a butler must be respected and the duties which they take on, must be tailored to their specific set of skills. If the butlers’ duties are below their experience, the butler will find themselves unsatisfied in their role and the employer will risk ending the employment prematurely.
Our Butler Agency is responsible for providing you with a selection of butlers whos’ experience is tailored to your butler vacancy. Perfect Household Staff guarantee that the butlers our butler agency offer will be interested your vacancy.
What is a Modern Day Butler?
A modern-day butler is an experienced manager of domestic staff, a personal assistant, head housekeeper and a financial advisor who can perform inside as well as outside of their employer’s household. To be considered as a modern day butler, a butler must carry out all work related processes to the highest of standards.
There are many duties, skills and character traits required of a modern day butler in comparison to the traditional butler job. Below you can find a list of what a modern-day butler knows and practices on a daily basis:
- Etiquette – Every modern day butler understands the level of etiquette is required of them. A modern day butlers’ etiquette must be tailored to their principal and the principals’ guests. A modern day butlers’ goal is to ensure that their principal can trust and rely on them in all matters.
- Loyalty – In the modern world, a modern day butler must practice complete loyalty and discretion concerning their principal. When working with contractors and service providers, it is the principal who will always come first.
- Diplomacy – A true modern day butler will adapt to any situation with the utmost integrity and loyalty to their principal where, diplomacy is required of them. Their knowledge of correct etiquette in all situations will allow them to take control where necessary.
- Adaptability – A modern day butler will have to handle any task which is required of them at the shortest notice. They will adapt to the situation whilst placing the principals interest first.
- Multitasking – While adapting to any task, a modern day butler must balance their diplomacy with loyalty, integrity and etiquette. While considering the above, the modern day butler will have to manage every nitty gritty aspect of running a modern home.
In summary, an experienced modern day butler will be a master of problem solving. They will be loyal to their principal and get things done without being told to do so. A professional modern day butler does not need constant reminders of how well they are doing but takes pride in being discreet. Although, they always appreciate a bonus in their pay check as a thank you for all the hard work that they have done.
What is a Hands on Butler?
A hands on butler is a professional manage who will carry out the managerial duties in relation to the principal as well as the household however, a hands on butler’s job will include non managerial duties.
Hands on butler vacancies will require the butler to train the housekeeping team whilst physically getting involved in the process. Other aspects of a hands on butler job will require the butler to polish the principals shoes, iron and press the principals clothes and to valet the principals vehicles.
Whilst completing tasks which directly support the principals, a hands on butler may be required to carry out chauffeuring duties, to travel and oversee various property development projects as well as assist with personal shopping.
Find a Butler with Perfect Household Staff Butler Agency
As an established Butler Agency, perfect household staff have been assisting our clients to find a butler for over a decade. It is not difficult to find a butler but it is difficult to find a butler who you want to hire and who will remain in your employment long term. If you are looking to find a butler, it is important to consider the duties expected of them and to tailor the butler search to your requirements.
Due to the wide spectrum of skills and duties involved in a modern day butler job, it is important for a Butler Agency and the employer to tailor the butler job to the butlers’ skill set. A butler who has been in charge of a large housekeeping team, kitchen staff, chauffeurs and worked with a security team may not be suited to a role where there is only one principal to look after. The same principle will be effective vice versa.
If you want our butler agency to find a butler suited to the role and to receive all of the benefits of our bespoke service, it is important to be honest with our recruitment consultants and especially yourself.
Duties of a Professional Private Butler
The requirements, skills and duties associated with the role are outlined below.
- Our butler agency only recruits butlers who are professional and experienced in their job.
- Butlers can act as a chief of staff, head waiter, chef or valet and take care of your staff management, wardrobe, fleet of vehicles and prepare meals.
- A butler will manage your household staff and will liaise with all contractors to ensure that that the household or estate is running smoothly at all times.
- Butlers can plan functions, organise events and ensure that the process is enjoyable for their principals.
- Our hands on butlers will be natural leaders and get involved with the hiring and dismissal of staff.
- Our butler will accurately and astutely access the skills needed for all household roles.
- A butler will be responsible for keeping the principals wardrobe in the exact order the principals want.
- Head butlers will be responsible for other household staff inclusive of payroll.
- Keeping the bar and wine cellar well stocked.
- Personal Assistant duties such as managing bookings and taking care of your every need.
An entry level butlers’ salary will start from £800.00 net per week (minimum 3 years of private experience).
A professional and experienced butlers’ salary can exceed £2,000.00 net per week,
The above salaries will depend on the butlers’ experience and qualifications. Usually, for live in butler jobs, the accommodation and bills will be in addition to the butlers’ salary.
The above salaries are based on the current market rate and a 5.5 working days per week. A butlers working day can occasionally exceed 12 hours however, normally a butlers’ day will be around 10 hours per day.
Any additional hours are usually rewarded with a bonus.
Perfect Household Staff Calculators:
Our Butler Vetting Procedures
Through 15 years of hard work, our butler agency have exhausted our resources in tailoring the strictest vetting procedures. Our clients families security and privacy are our first priority. We are proud to say that we have never encountered an incident with families looking to hire a butler.
Evert butler will go through strict document and reference checks and are happy to sign strict nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements.
If you are searching to find a butler, our butler agency ensure to carry out thorough interviewing protocols to ensure that all of the butlers who we offer, have the experience and expertise your household requires.
*Filling out a requirements form will take a couple of minutes*
Employing Domestic Staff
To see a wider range of Household Staff such as butlers, chauffeurs, chefs, personal assistant, etc... please click on the link - Household Staff for Hire
To find Specialist Childcare Services, please click on the link - Specialist Childcare Services
Our Private Household Management services are found on this link - Private Household Management